Sunday 29 June 2014

Rock En Seine & Paris

















Rock En Seine is a music festival held in Paris during August.  There is a lovely atmosphere surrounding the festival and like Pukkel pop, everyone was really nice. No trouble what so ever.

My friend who lives in Paris told me about the festival and she convinced me to go.  I’m glad she did because I had the best time there.

 I went to Paris a few days before so I could catch up with my friend and she gave me an amazing tour of Paris.  I had never been before so it was nice to have a guide. 

Kerrie brought me to all the main  attractions like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Sacre Coeur etc.  There was so many beautiful gardens around Paris as well, it truly is a beautiful city.  I’m going to plan another trip to go back and visit her again as we missed out on Disney Land! Oh and obviously because I miss her dearly J

But anyway, back to the festival.  The festival is held inside the Château de Saint-Cloud's park.  Everything is nice and close together so you are not walking around for ages to get to the next act.

We went to the festival in 2012 and I was pretty impressed with the line-up. We saw the black keys, temper trap, foster the people-insane, the reeling, green day; so many cool acts.  We also discovered new artists which I still listen to today.  My favourites were Caravan Palace and C2C, they were incredible and I would definitely go see them again. They were both funky class acts and brilliant for the summer atmosphere. 

The festival will take place on the 22nd to the 24th of August this year.  The tickets for three days cost 119 euros which I think is great value.  There is also the option to camp but I’m not sure how much that costs, but the link the website can be found here

I hope this post was helpful in your decision making for planning summer festivals this year J

No comments:

Post a Comment