Monday 17 February 2014

The Book Thief

Hey Guys,

I was waiting for the tube the other day and saw a huge poster advertising the release of the book thief.  I was so excited when I saw it because the book was amazing! 

 The book was written by Markus Zusak and follows a young girl Liesel who steals books. It's based around World War II in Germany.  There's a lot more too it but I don't want to give anything away.  

I would definitely recommend reading the book first mainly because the narrator was death; so different and unique to any book I've read.  I'm not sure if the movie would portray that part of the book which is why I think it would be a really good idea to read the book first. Sure isn't always a good idea to read the book first :) 

It really is a magnificent story and told beautifully. Anyway it's great so get on it before you splurge in the cinema :) I can't wait!

Much Love x

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this book at the moment but I can't say I'm enjoying it too much! I think I just need to persevere, I'm sure I'll like it by the end!

    www.edeltherese.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do too :) I'm not sure how far in you are but definitely keep going. It may not be the book for everyone but definitely worth a chance. Cool blog by the way :D

    ReplyDelete